Monday, January 7, 2008

Packing

So...at the request of a few friends and seeing that everyone's doing it, I decided to create this blog. I hope to be dedicated in keeping it updated so everyone can stay up to date on my happenings in Uganda. So, this first post will mainly tell you what I know so far and the basics about my trip.

1) I'm going to Uganda. I leave Saturday January 12th and return May 3rd. I'm not planning on doing traveling outside of the programs offerings.

2) It is through BestSemester with the Uganda Studies Program. However, I am doing the Intercultural Ministry/Mission Emphasis track which involves living with a family and taking the course Intro to Christian Mission. This track is different and allows me to have (in my opinion) more in-depth cultural experiences and opportunities. I do not know who my host family is and I will not know until a few days after I arrive.

3) As far as I know, I am living in a house about 1-2 miles from campus. I will walk to and from campus for classes each day.

Classes I'll be taking- Subject to Change upon arrival
1) Faith in the Uganda Context (something to that effect)
2) East African Politics
3) African Literature
4) African Traditional Religions, Christianity, and Islam
5) Intro to Christian Mission


Right now, i am frustrated with packing. I'm taking 2 small suitcases and a backpack. I will be taking my laptop which will be my only source of contact. So email me or post here. If you are interested in getting email updates, I will send them out as well. My email updates will probably be similar to my posts on this blog. My email is: rm1261@messiah.edu

No comments: