Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Today has been a hard day. I've been stressed lately with just not feeling good enough and being frustrated about not engaging with the culture. A lot of this comes from spending my day in a room with all Americans and using wireless internet to get homework done (or attempt to). That's another frustration. I'm not getting my work done and my grades are clearly slipping. I can sit all day and barely scrape out a decent article. I really don't understand. In my lit class, the professor wants us to read a novel a week! Yeah, right, like that's going to happen. This stresses me out because I have to keep my academic scholarship. Hopefully, i'm doing better than I think! Also, when i am at my homestay and finding myself comparing myself to the other American student staying there. I try to see why she is so much better at engaging the family or helping out or whatever. I think i'm feeling better about everything though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I totally feel you with the school thing though, since I have exams like crazy right now. Hopefully things will get better, and I hope you enjoy your time in Eastern Uganda!

Anonymous said...

Stay strong Becca! We're praying for you!

<3
Anna